Purchasing a domain name from the best domain name registration services provider in India indicates that you have begun the process of developing your internet presence and increasing your exposure. However, for some new users, obtaining a domain is similar to acquiring a new residence, and they become confused while thinking about how to protect a website’s operations.
To make things easier, we will go over the essential procedures to follow after registering a domain name to secure your online business.
Steps To Follow After Purchasing a Domain Name
- Buy a Web Hosting Plan – After obtaining a domain name, the first step is to buy a web hosting package to host your website. You may buy a web hosting package based on your website’s requirements. Remember that investing in the best hosting plan is vital since it will determine the success of your website. You must submit your domain to the hosting servers’ homepage to connect to the plan. Although it may appear difficult, the process is extremely simple. After logging in, you only need to copy and paste the name servers to finish this process.
- Link Your Domain To Social Media – Customers will have difficulty finding your domain name if it is lengthy and difficult to remember. As a result, it’s recommended to provide your generated registered address to some social networking platforms or online businesses group. It is also vital to check your existing accounts or establish new ones to connect your business with the domain name. Thus you should study social media names before purchasing a domain name since they have become an important aspect of branding.
- Set Up A Custom Email Address – Gmail may be used to create a business e-mail id, but domain-specific emails are more specialized. Having a personalized email ID that matches your domain makes your business look more professional. Fortunately, most hosting companies provide domain-specific emails in their plans, preventing the need to purchase them individually. You may easily establish a free custom email with your domain name from your web hosting dashboard.
- Trademark Your Business – Domain name registration is not the sole way to secure your business’s identity. If you want to protect your domain name, you must register a trademark, especially if the name is unique. A trademark will protect you against violations and will allow you to take legal action, which may result in compensation from the company/individual who violates your trademark.
- Market Your Website – If you want people to quickly find your website, you’ll need to understand the basics of SEO, which include placing relevant keywords and link creation. If done effectively, your website might receive constant visitors. Additionally, you should look into additional strategies such as social media marketing, content marketing, or paid advertising to increase traffic to your websites.
Hopefully, the steps outlined above will help you to create the basis for a strong online presence after purchasing a domain name for yourself.